“Andrija Štampar” Library
+385 1 4590 181
+385 1 4590 106
+385 1 4590 182
Monday – Thursday
Lovela Machala Poplašen
History of the "Andrija Štampar" Library
The Andrija Štampar Library was founded in 1927. It is the oldest as well as the only public health library in Croatia and in this part of Europe.
That same year, the Hygienic Institute with the School of Public Health was founded, which at that time represented one institution. The School Library was created by joining the library of the former National Bacteriological Institute of Dr. Gutschy, later referred to as the Epidemiological Institute, and the Rasuhin Institute of Social Medicine Library. All of these changes had an impact on the formation of the library collection.
The library collection was formed in collaboration with the Croatian National Institute of Public Health as co-owner.
It now contains over 50 000 books and periodicals in the following subjects: public health, microbiology, medical statistics and informatics, medical sociology and ecology. It is an open access library meaning anyone can access the collection. It has two reading rooms and a computer room.
The Library is also a WHO Documentation Center and a WHO Depository Library since 1992.
Patrons have access to all relevant databases, biomedical and health magazines funded by the Ministry of Science, Education and Sports through the library’s IP address. Remote access to scientific databases is also available through the AAI @ EduHr identity.
The library provides open access to all those who need medical information. Access is provided through:
- open stacks
- rich reference collection
- student book loans
- interlibrary loan
- photocopying and printing services
- training of users on how to use information sources
- Repozitorij Medicinskog fakulteta
- Dr Med: Diplomski radovi Medicinskog fakulteta
- CROSBI: Hrvatska znanstvena bibliografija
- PERO: Pretraživač elektroničkih izvora online
- Hrčak: Portal znanstvenih časopisa Republike Hrvatske
- Google Scholar: Pomoću Google Znalca pretražite znanstvenu literaturu iz niza disciplina i izvora, uključujući znanstvene radove, knjige, sažetke i članke.
- DOAJ: Directory of Open Access Journals
- Katalog knjižnice
- Portal elektroničkih izvora za hrvatsku ak. zajednicu
- PubMed slobodno dostupni Medline, najpoznatija medicinska bibliografska baza podataka koju stvara National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), odjel S. National Library of Medicine (NLM, Bethesda, USA).
- Web of Science portal koji omogućuje pristup bazama podataka Clarivate Analytics
- Current Contents baza podataka dostupna preko Web of Science sučelja
- Scopus najveća svjetska bibliografska i citatna baza podataka.
- Ovid sastavnica tvrtke Wolters Kluwer Health, jedan je od vodećih svjetskih davatelja pristupa elektroničkim informacijskim izvorima u području medicine.